- AP, AR, Change Order Tracking
- Job Cost Analysis
- Subcontractor Documentation Tracking (Lien Releases - conditional and unconditional, progress and final, first and subsequent tier)
- Assist finance and project management teams to ensure that both internal and external clients' accounting needs are met;
- Effectively communicate with Field Operations regarding contract documents, change orders and other contract modifications, approvals and any additional services related to billing;
- Prepare monthly client progress billings;
- Maintain project related records, including billings, expenses, and other documents;
- Work with PM's to review and approve sub-contractor pay applications related to a project;
- Monitor Subcontractors certified payroll reports and City of San Francisco First Source Hiring Requirements for compliance;
- Audit/analyze estimated costs and direct job costs in the Job Cost System. Make job cost adjustments as determined by audit or as directed by the CFO;
- Prepare special project analyses for CFO and PM's as requested;
- Reconcile and close out completed jobs, including verifying all job costs and invoicing. Communicate with project managers, subcontractors, and various other vendors and FDI personnel to verify validity of questionable charges and accruals;
- Assist with Pre-Construction Invoicing;
- Maintain database of jobs scheduled to close and update for action taken on assigned jobs;
- Provide back-up for AP and Payroll Departments;
- Organize and maintain electronic and hard copy filing system
- Bachelor's degree and three years of project accounting experience for a General Contractor, or an equivalent combination of training, education, and practical work experience. At least three years of project accounting experience for a General Contractor.
- Must have strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite (must be extremely proficient in Excel) and have the ability to learn industry related software, internet based software applications and internal project management software quickly. Viewpoint Construction Software a plus.
- Must possess the ability to organize, prioritize, manage and complete multiple tasks and see projects through to completion.
- Must possess effective oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Requires the ability to read and interpret business correspondence and reports.
We are currently seeking Project Superintendents with at least 10 years experience managing mid-size commercial projects. Qualified applicants must have knowledge of all phases of construction and have excellent communication, leadership and organizational skills. Project Superintendents must be capable of making independent decisions, handling multiple tasks, tight deadlines and working with their tools.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Computer skills: MS Office (Word, Excel). Must possess valid CPR and first aid certifications. This position requires the ability to walk, climb and move about job sites to investigate and ensure that proper construction practices have been employed.
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER
We're looking for a highly qualified Senior Project Manager. You must have 10-15 years of diverse commercial project management experience in the San Francisco Bay Area including core & shell, seismic upgrades and tenant improvements. Extremely competent with document management procedures and construction administration protocols. Comfortable solving challenging technical issues in a team environment. Construction management or related degree preferred. LEED AP also a plus. You must be competent with Microsoft Office as well as possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages. If you desire a challenging and fast-paced environment, please submit a cover letter and resume.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist Project Manager in the preparation of proposals (solicit, qualify and/or request bids)
• Assist Project Manager in identifying scope, budget, pricing, and schedule
• Track and follow-up on all pertinent information with team members
• Under guidance of Project Manager:
– Assist PM with preparation of subcontractor and owner change orders
– Update construction schedules in MS Project
– Analyze & track project scope revisions to subcontractors, including pricing
– Participate in OAC calls and maintain and distribute minutes and weekly reports
• Communicate with all critical stake holders to assure successful project completion
• Ability to update construction drawings on site
• Maintain Permit Log
• Manage RFI process: write, track and maintain log
• Manage Submittals Process
• Maintain job site office
THE MINIMUM DESIRED REQUIREMENTS:
• Requires a bachelors in Architecture or Construction Management or two years of construction project management experience
• Construction Project Management Certification is a plus
• LEED AP is a plus
• Must possess ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications
• Past commercial construction experience required
• Must possess the ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple tasks
• Must possess strong communication skills, both written and oral
• Must have a working knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel and email
• Knowledge of Viewpoint is preferred
• Experience with MS Project
• This position will require the employee to visit job sites
The Project Engineer must be able to safely navigate a job site that is under construction.
Fisher may modify this job description at any time at its sole discretion. Fisher provides a challenging, collaborative work environment that recognizes and rewards achievement.